We are looking for a Test Engineer – Data Analyst who will support the development of General Fusion’s Compression Systems through active testing. The ideal candidate will have the ability to apply data processing and analysis methods to build and implement models, algorithms, data visualizations and tools for users or test bed control systems. The candidate will be familiar with designing and implementing data acquisition techniques for physical systems.
• Working closely with General Fusion development team, to develop and implement data analysis tools for analyzing and visualizing results from test beds.
• Develop standard analysis tools, graphs and other reports for a wide user group.
• Actively participate in the process of data acquisition, interpretation and iterative improvement of test beds or data acquisition systems.
• Manage data storage and processing pipelines.
• Programming experience using standard programming languages (Python preferred).
• Proven experience in analyzing time data from physical systems.
• Experience with software versioning and revision control systems in a multi-stakeholder environment.
• Experience with good software development practices: testing, issue tracking, peer reviews.
• Ability to work collaboratively with diverse teams in a fast-paced environment with rapidly evolving priorities.
• Willingness to contribute across a broad scope of skillsets in the development and testing environment.
• Background in engineering physics, physics, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering or similar.
• Experience with NumPy, Matplotlib, SciPy, OpenCV libraries for Python.
• Experience with computer vision; image and video analysis.
• Experience using MATLAB or Igor Pro for data analysis.
• Experience working with DAQ hardware; NI preferred.
• Experience with NI LabVIEW.
• Experience in a research or product development laboratory environment.
• Familiarity with mechanical, electrical and optical systems.
• Experience in electronic engineering: circuit design, prototyping, PCB layout.
• Familiarity with 3D CAD design software (SolidWorks).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc.
Please send your resume to email@example.com noting “Job Ref# RR-2020-28” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.