General Fusion is hiring a Lithium Systems Engineer who will be responsible for leading the design, development and specification of the liquid lithium systems used across General Fusion’s development program. This includes developing and specifying materials requirements for interaction with liquid lithium, the development of liquid lithium handling systems including pumping, storage and safety systems, integrating these systems with existing and new laboratory test beds, and designing the liquid lithium systems for General Fusion’s Fusion Demonstration Plant.
General Fusion seeks individuals who are self-motivated, have good communication skills and can stay focused on goals while operating in a fast paced development environment. We welcome individuals who possess the drive required to work on difficult problems, are excited by alternative and innovative solutions and are comfortable with working both independently and within a group.
- Advise design engineers on designing for liquid lithium compatibility, the design of liquid lithium handling systems, and the design of liquid lithium safety systems.
- Evaluate and recommend liquid lithium compatible materials in a commercial environment
- Develop requirements for liquid lithium purity.
- Develop and maintain relationships with labs for materials development and corrosion testing.
- Design and execute experiments related to lithium corrosion, handling and processing.
- Maintain a liquid lithium testing lab.
- 10+ years’ experience in process, chemical or materials engineering
- Experience in chemical process design
- Experience with corrosion testing and analysis
- Experience in the safe handling of hazardous materials
- Experience in lab operation
- Experience with reactive liquid metal handling
- Experience with liquid lithium
- Experience with liquid metal corrosion
- Experience with liquid metal processing
- Experience in design of experiments
- Experience collaborating with university and industrial labs
- PhD degree in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering accepted with relevant industrial experience.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Job Ref# RR-2020-10” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.