General Fusion is hiring a Process Systems Engineer who will be responsible for leading the design, development and specification of the liquid lithium systems used across General Fusion’s development program. This includes developing and specifying materials requirements for interaction with liquid lithium, the development of liquid lithium handling systems including pumping, storage and safety systems, integrating these systems with existing and new laboratory test beds, and designing the liquid lithium systems for General Fusion’s Fusion Demonstration Plant.
- Develop system requirements for liquid lithium systems for prototyping and testing, and for the Fusion Demonstration Plant – including purity, handling and materials requirements.
- Evaluate, specify and lead the design of the systems required for handling liquid lithium in both a laboratory and commercial environment.
- Evaluate and recommend liquid lithium compatible materials in a commercial environment
- Develop and maintain relationships with external partners for systems design, commercial deployment and materials development.
Relevant Skills and Experience:
- 10+ years’ experience in process, chemical or materials engineering
- Experience in chemical process design
- Experience with corrosion testing and analysis
- Experience in the safe handling of hazardous materials
- Experience in lab operation
- Experience with reactive liquid metal handling
- Experience with liquid lithium
- Experience with liquid metal corrosion
- Experience with liquid metal processing
- Experience in design of experiments
- Experience collaborating with university and industrial labs
The work involved in this project combines a wide range of skill sets, and each team member will need to become familiar with the full scope of the plasma development and understand how their work relates to the whole. General Fusion seeks individuals who are self-motivated, have good communication skills and are comfortable with creative problem solving independently and within a group.
- PhD degree in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering is preferred. Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in Materials Engineering or Chemical Engineering accepted with relevant industrial experience.
What We Offer:
- Flexible hours
- Four weeks’ vacation
- Comprehensive benefits package
- RRSP Contribution
- Support for professional development
- Great company culture – social events, food trucks, bike rides, Sun Run, etc
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Job Ref# RR-2020-10” in the email subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
General Fusion is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.